World Wind Energy Report 2009
• Worldwide capacity reached 159,213 MW, out of which 38,312 MW were added.
• The trend continued that wind capacity doubles every three years.
• All wind turbines installed by the end of 2009 worldwide are generating 340 TWh
• The wind sector in 2009 had a turnover of 50 billion !.
• The wind sector employed 550,000 persons worldwide. In the year 2012, the wind
• China continued its role as the locomotive of the international wind industry and
• The USA maintained its number one position in terms of total installed capacity
• Asia accounted for the largest share of new installations (40.4 %), followed by
• Latin America showed encouraging growth and more than doubled its
• A total wind capacity of 200,000 Megawatt will be exceeded within the year 2010.
• Based on accelerated development and further improved policies, WWEA
1,620 comments to World Wind Energy Report 2009